Importing From MIS Systems (SIMS, CMIS, Integris etc.)
Before you can import students, you will first need to create a report from the schools MIS. The report will need to be in a .CSV format and contains at least there 5 mandatory fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Registration Group
We also strongly recommend that you import the students’ UPN numbers!
- Log Into the MyBsquared Portal
- Go to Manage Students
- Click on Import
- Select the ‘Import System’
- Browse to the File you Wish to Upload
- Select the ‘Does the File Contain Headings’ Slider Click Next
- ‘Map Fields’ Screen Match the Fields that have not been automatically selected
- Click Next
- ‘Additional Options’ Screen allows you to add ‘Left Students’ to the Historic Group.
- Chose to use the commencement date (This is the date the student will begin in the current group)
- ‘Preview and Confirm Import’ Lists the changes that will be made to the Systems. Click ‘Commit’
NOTE: PLEASE CHECK THAT NO SPACES / EMPTY ROWS ARE ADDED BELOW YOUR DATA AND THAT HEADINGS DON’T INCLUDE BRACKETS!