Connecting Steps uses a baseline as a starting point for each student within each subject.
The baseline is the date when you start to assess a student; it gives you an approximate idea of where a student’s level is when they start a subject.
It is important to baseline all students so you can see a completed level for each student.
To baseline an individual student #
- Navigate to Individual Assessment in Connecting Steps.
- Select the required group, class and student from the drop-down lists in the Selection panel.
- Select the required curriculum, subject area and level.
- Click the Complete Level icon.
The Set level complete window opens.
- Click Set baseline by setting this level as the current level.
- Click on the date you want to use (we strongly advise to always use the “Framework date” option).
- Click Save.