Baselining in the group level summary screen
Connecting Steps uses a baseline as a starting point for each student within each subject.
The baseline is the date when you start to assess a student; it gives you an approximate idea of where a student’s level is when they start a subject.
It is important to baseline all students so you can see a completed level for each student.
To baseline in the group level summary screen
- Navigate to Assessments | Group Level Summary in Connecting Steps.
- Select the required group type, group, framework, subject and profile from the drop-down lists in the selection panel.
Your selection displays on screen.
- Click the box(es) next to the required student(s) and under the required level.
- Click Add Baseline.
- Select the date type from the drop-down list.
- Framework start date – admission date of the student or the day the student started a particular framework.
- Current date – today’s date.
- Custom date – enter the date you require by clicking on the Today calendar icon.
- Click the level you want the baseline to start from.
The letter B appears indicating this is the baseline. The letter C indicates the current level.